Chapter Chats: Ways to Engage with Your Members Over the Holidays
By: Stephanie Wong
The holidays are upon us and we are excited for food, family, and fun! What makes holidays so special is also the opportunity to connect with individuals you have not seen in awhile. It is also a great time to show your appreciation and gratitude to others whether through gift giving or hosting a party. The holiday season is also a great way to connect and engage with your OCA chapter membership. Take advantage of the sentimental feelings that you are harboring and share them with your fellow members!
Here are some ideas of how to engage with members over the holidays:
- Send out greeting cards (email or snail mail) to your members wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving and/or a Merry Christmas
- Send an end of the year newsletter recapping all the events and highlight moments of the year between Christmas and New Years
- Share your chapter’s goals or upcoming events for the next year
- Participate in Black Friday and host a Membership Drive
- Host a charity event during #givingtuesday
- Organize a Food Drive for your chapter and donate to a local Food Bank
- Plan a Christmas lights sight-seeing trip
- Host a holiday party or potluck for chapter members thanking them for their membership
There are many more ideas and ways you can engage with your members over the holiday season but just letting your members know that you are thinking of them may just be the best way yet!
Originally published at https://www.ocanational.org in November 2018.